OBJECTIVE: To provide smart, intuitive, and efficient web solutions for business needs.
- Extensive experience leading a team while developing proprietary frameworks and software
- Expert level knowledge of Drupal CMS development including module and theme development as well as extensive knowledge of community driven projects.
- Expertise with Adobe Creation Studio including Photoshop (photo editing) and Premier (video editing) and various development tools and IDEs like phpMyAdmin, PL/SQL Developer, Navicat, Eclipse,NetBeans, SQLServer.
- Advanced knowledge in using MySQL and Oracle relational database environments creating functions, procedures, and custom scripts as well as migrating large amounts of data between environments.
- Extensive experience with version control (Git and Subversion).
- Extensive experience with project management styles like waterfall and agile.
- Extensive experience in Social Media marketing and viral marketing.
- Extensive experience in building custom components, modules, and plugins for Joomla! CMS.
- Extensive expertise in systems administration for a variety of Windows (Server 2008, XP, 7) and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.) environments. This includes virtualized systems (VMWare or VirtualBox) and cloud systems (Amazon).
- Extensive academic experience with C, C++, Objective-C, Java, and C# (the C lineage)
- Experience using a variety of API’s
CSRA 3434 Washington Boulevard Phone: 703-284-5000 Senior Software Engineer 07/2015 - current
- Drupal module development.
- Development work for The Department of Energy’s Engergystar.gov website.
McMurry/TMG 1129 20th Street Northwest #700, Washington, DC 20036 Phone: 202-337-7700 PHP Engineer 09/2014 - 07/2015
- Developed a migration module extending the Migration module for Drupal. This involved both a more traditional Drupal type of development, and a more advanced OOP type of Drupal development.
JSquared Capital 2419 Long Ridge Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136 Phone: 443-334-5600 Software Engineer 10/2013 – 09/2014
- Developed insurance software using LAMP, RESTful, and MVC and object oriented principals. The system relied on an object oriented database structure of my design and RESTful calls to facilitate a “headless” backend service that could be used by any front-end GUI.
- Wrote detailed documentation about the custom framework for the insurance software.
- Traveled to the country of Mali in Africa to investigate business opportunities in the cyber security sector with their government. I met with leaders of that nation to discuss cyber security.
- Created a Drupal multi-site platform using the open source project Aegir that could spot deploy sites using a custom profile. This will be used to sell and manage websites for upwards of 500 or more funeral homes.
- Maintained and operated a legacy proprietary CMS system for existing clients of a funeral home website business. Led a team in maintenance and support of the legacy CMS system for the funeral home website business.
Indemnity Insurance Corporation 950 Ridgebrook Road Suite 1500, Sparks, MD 21152 Phone: 410-472-6000 Software Engineer 7/2012 – 10/2013
- Created business critical analytical reports using SQL Server and SQL Server Report Manager
- Developed a Quickbooks “bridge” between systems. This bridge was capable of taking updated data from Quickbooks and updating a parent system using ODBC, but it was also capable of finding updates on the parent system and updating Quickbooks. Using a two way validation script I developed, the system was able to establish which system was more current, and keep both systems in-line with each other.
- Developed a content management system framework from the ground up using PHP, MySQL, and Apache. I was responsible for the design of the framework, development of modules within the framework, management of the framework, and leading the team of developers. Using an Object Oriented Database design we were able to create a system of anything to anything associations. In this system any data set was considered an object, and any object could associate to any other object at any time or at any place within the system. Using RESTful calls to other modules the code was extremely dynamic and reusable.
Unleashed Technologies 10005 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, MD 21046 Phone: 410-864-8980 Web Developer 4/2012 – 7/2012
- Developed a mobile application for publications using Sencha Touch 2. This application was to take an online publication (Drupal), parse it for use in a mobile app, and provide functions like user authentication, and offline access.
- Involvement with a large scale migration project for a major utility publication. My involvement was migrating over 3000 legacy Cold Fusion articles in poorly formatted HTML into a Drupal 7 environment dynamically. My work involved parsing the HTML looking for patterns as defined by regular expression, then dumping that parsed document into a custom SQL table for reference. I then created a boot-strap application in Drupal to read the SQL and put the nodes in Drupal.
- Work was done on various other projects relating to Drupal 7, migrations, and integration.
Accuvant Inc. 7467 Ridge Road, Haonver, Maryland 21076 Phone: 410-855-8847 Development Consultant 12/2009 – 4/2012
- Extensive work in Drupal and Pressflow Drupal. We made high-performance, complicated sites for clients such as McAfee, ArcSight, Playworld, and the PDGA. This work included coding custom themes and modules, as well as server administration and performance tweeking.
- Performed code remediation and security audits for SQL injections and permissions. I was the resident expert on hardening a drupal installation and I have extensive experience in best security practices.
- Developed an Object-Oriented Database application within the Joomla framework using MySQL custom functions and procedures as well as custom PHP code that adhered to Joomla’s Model View Controller framework. The application was designed to be able to compare any like parsable file with any other like parseable file. Currently it is being used to compare McAfee EPO Anti-virus configuration exports with an expert baseline export. The application can compare like and non-like values, however for the EPO example it only compares like values.
- Created components, modules, and plugins for Joomla 1.6. My work here has been extensive and complicated. I’ve collaborated on the creation of an entire custom CRM using Joomla as the CMS base, but lots of custom code on top of it. The CRM is capable of scheduling resources, managing resources, client management, billing, integrated OODB app, and many more features.
- Management of Amazon cloud servers. This includes EC2 using EBS volumes, RDS database servers, S3 file management, and load balancing configurations. The web server technology living on those servers included Apache as well as Nginx with Fast-CGI.
- Extensive web server administration duties on mostly Linux, but also Windows, servers. This included LAMP or IIS configuration but also aggressive caching techniques to improve site performances. Technologies used included Fast-CGI, NGINX, Apache, Varnish, Memcached, APC, Hudson, Apache Solr, etc.
Iowa Foundation for Medical Care 6518 Meadowridge Road, Elkridge, Maryland 21075 Phone: 443-561-3316 Programmer 1/2008 – 12/2009
- Review, analyze, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging in PL/SQL Developer and Oracle systems tools, and documenting programs.
- Primary responsibilities included coding, documenting and testing analytic modules using PL/SQL (Oracle) for use in the Physicians Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI) part of Medicaid and Medicare. Code was in compliance with the CMS (Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services) Information Security Acceptable Risk Safeguards (ARS) and documentation in compliance with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) level 3 accreditation. The application that was managed was capable of connecting to multipule secure database environments, migrate the data to our secure servers, calculate PQRI requirements on the data, and then transmit that data to the Center of Medicaid/Medicare Services servers.
- Internship project: designed and administered an intranet WAMPP server for use with SugarCRM and specific/ custom modules incorporating a fresh and self-made front-end GUI that could be used for cloud computing. This application was to work similarly to Microsoft Web Access, however, in addition it integrated certain “Help Desk” and timesheet functionalities.
QVC 300 NW Peacock Lane, Port St. Lucie, Florida 34986 Phone: 772-873-4300 E-Services 9/2006 – 6/2007
- Provided online customer service and technical help to customers
Treasure and Space Coast Radio 1235 16th Street, Vero Beach, Florida 32960 Phone: 772-567-0937 Web Master/Producer 12/2004 – 9/2006
- Produced commercials and on-air content for company radio stations
- Maintained and coded web content for company websites in HTML, CSS, and Microsoft Frontpage